The Pride of Baltimore II is visiting New York, calling in Manhattan’s North Cove on the Hudson River. She should be arriving around mid-day today and will be staying through Sunday. Daysails and dockside tours will be available. (See the schedule after the page break.)
Pride of Baltimore II is a reproduction of a Baltimore built Topsail Schooner; the sleek, maneuverable vessels used as privateers during the War of 1812. The original “pride of Baltimore”, Chasseur, defended America’s freedom by serving as an offensive weapon of war and blockade-runner. Sailing out of New York Harbor in 1814 under the command of the intrepid Captain Thomas Boyle, Chasseur executed a one ship blockade of the British Isles, wreaking havoc on British merchant shipping.
Pride of Baltimore II Schedule, North Cove Marina – www.thenorthcove.com
Friday, August 24:
- TIME???. – Grand Arrival with ships guns ablaze
- 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. ~ Afternoon Daysail; $65 Adult/$35 Age 12 and under
Saturday, August 25:
- 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. ~ Morning Daysail; $65 Adult/$35 Age 12 and under
- 1:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. ~ Dockside Deck Tour, Free
Sunday, August 26:
- 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. ~ Morning Daysail; $65 Adult/$35 Age 12 and under
- 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. ~ Dockside Deck Tour, Free
For information or reservations, please call toll free 1-888-557-7433 or visit www.pride2.org for online ticketing.