Only on rare occasional does one find a boat that would be significantly improved if run hard aground. Here is one example, however. Many large yachts have hot tubs onboard. This 16′ boat, however, is simply a floating hot tub with a diesel-powered boiler to keep the water hot, an electric motor for propulsion, a sound system and four coolers for beverages (of course.) I wonder where the PFDs are stored. Why this nautical accident-waiting-to-happen is in any way superior to a dock-side hot tub is not clear to me. With luck it would never leave the dock. Available at Hammacher Schlemmer for a price of $42,000.
Featured BooksHell Around the Horn
by Rick Spilman
A special message to the readers of Hell Around the Horn - Click hereThe Frigate Surprise: The Complete Story of the Ship Made Famous in the Novels of Patrick O'Brian by by Geoff Hunt and Brian Lavery
- Scheepvaartnieuws | Bootjesgek.nl on The Demise of Ocean Classroom Foundation
- Diego on The Sewol Tragedy — Stability , Loading and Roll Period
- mike james on Shanty Sings All Over – Mystic, New York, San Francisco, Port Townsend & Washington DC
- will on The Demise of Ocean Classroom Foundation
- terry on Ocean Classroom’s Spirit of Massachusetts, Harvey Gamage, & Westward to be Auctioned
- Philip Sherwood on Lieutenant Commander Fred Sherwood DSC & Bar RCNVR – Canadian WWII Submarine Commander
- Jan Christensen on Schooner Virginia Cuts Season Short, Will Be Put Up For Sale
- This Week’s New York History Web Highlights | The New York History Blog on PortSide’s “Heavy Metal” Fundraising Sale!
- Bill McGrath on Nuclear plant leak in Antarctica suspected of causing cancer
- Rita Reneé Bronson on Missing WWII Sub, R12, Found with 42 Entombed Sailors
- OMG! Invasive Species: Asian Carp Confound U.S. System – Nick's Crusade on The Asian Carp Invasion – Kayaker Hit by Flying Carp
- John Barltrop on Update: Sewol Ferry Disaster — Ferry Owner Yoo Byung-eun Found Dead
- MICHALINE ANDRUSKO on The Return of Farrell Lines? Or Merely Seeing Shadows?
- Rick Spilman on Crow’s Nests : Part 2 — Floki, Ravens and Fighting Tops
- Ross E Pollock on Crow’s Nests : Part 2 — Floki, Ravens and Fighting Tops
TagsA.J. Meerwald aircraft carrier Alaska America's Cup Antarctica Australia Brad Van Liew California Canada capsize Charles W. Morgan China City of Adelaide container ship Costa Concordia Cutty Sark fire Giglio Gulf of Mexico HMS Bounty HMS Victory hudson river Japan Joan Druett Laura Dekker Maine Maritime Museum of San Diego mystic seaport new york new york harbor New Zealand pirates PortSide New York Pride of Baltimore II Royal Navy schooner shipwreck somalia Somali pirates South Street Seaport Museum Titanic tsunami US Coast Guard US Navy world war II