Featured BooksHell Around the Horn
by Rick Spilman
A special message to the readers of Hell Around the Horn - Click hereThe Frigate Surprise: The Complete Story of the Ship Made Famous in the Novels of Patrick O'Brian by by Geoff Hunt and Brian Lavery
- Rick Spilman on Are Passenger Ro-Ros Inherently Unsafe? The Sewol Tragedy & Past Passenger/Ro-Ro Disasters
- DAVID RYE on Are Passenger Ro-Ros Inherently Unsafe? The Sewol Tragedy & Past Passenger/Ro-Ro Disasters
- cb on Update: Captain Error and Poor Bridge Design Caused Seastreak Wall Street Ferry Collision
- This Week’s Top New York History News | The New York History Blog on From the “Hole-in-the-Wall” to the Bridge Café — Gallus Mag to Hurricane Sandy
- Rick Spilman on E Ship 1 – Has the Flettner Rotor Ship Finally Arrived?
- naomi on South Korean Ferry Tragedy — Close to 300 Missing as Ferry Sewol Sinks
- Phil on An Easter Sailing Video — Are Those My Peeps ?
- Rick Spilman on South Korean Ferry Tragedy — Close to 300 Missing as Ferry Sewol Sinks
- kevin on Search Continues for Missing Crew from Bulk Carrier Nasco Diamond
- CAPT. D. Peter Boucher, Kt. SMOM, Dip. LA, MM (Ret.) on South Korean Ferry Tragedy — Close to 300 Missing as Ferry Sewol Sinks
- Irwin Bryan on Saving the Gloucester Gillnetter Phyllis A.
- Capt Jerry Robbins,usmm(ret) on South Korean Ferry Tragedy — Close to 300 Missing as Ferry Sewol Sinks
- Bob Stockton on Dead Fin Whale Arrives in New York Harbor on Bow of Container Ship
- jim konopasek on Schooner Bessie A. White – Hide & Seek Beneath the Sands of Fire Island
- sara on South Korean Ferry Tragedy — Close to 300 Missing as Ferry Sewol Sinks
TagsA.J. Meerwald aircraft carrier Alaska America's Cup Antarctica Australia Brad Van Liew California Canada China City of Adelaide container ship Costa Concordia Cutty Sark fire Giglio Gulf of Mexico HMS Bounty HMS Victory hudson river India Japan Joan Druett Laura Dekker Maine Maritime Museum of San Diego mystic seaport new york New York City new york harbor New Zealand pirates PortSide New York Pride of Baltimore II Royal Navy schooner shipwreck somalia Somali pirates South Street Seaport Museum Titanic tsunami US Coast Guard US Navy world war II
Tag Archives: Coast Guard
The US Coast Guard has wrapped up eight days of hearings on the sinking of the replica of the HMS Bounty on October 29th of last year. Two died in the sinking, crew member Claudine Christian and Captain Robin Waldridge … Continue reading
Yesterday we posted about an odd distress call. The Coast Guard now considers the report that the yacht Blind Date exploded off the coast of New Jersey to be a likely hoax. No debris from the yacht was ever found. Nor were … Continue reading
On the 221st anniversary of the founding of the US Coast Guard here is a dramatic look at the service in action. Narco Sub With 7.5 Tons of Cocaine Caught in Caribbean The Coast Guard caught a narco submarine trying … Continue reading
A few updates of recent posts: Posted July 11th: Death on the Volga – Cruise Vessel Bulgaria Sinks, More than 100 Dead - From CNN: “Four people face criminal charges in connection with the sinking of a Russian ship Sunday in which … Continue reading
A well done video providing an interesting perspective on sail training. Coast Guard Tall Ship “Eagle” Seu browser não suporta iframes.
The Coast Guard released a report yesterday that was highly critical of Transocean, the owner of the Deepwater Horizon drill rig, which exploded and sank last year. Transocean contributed to Gulf disaster, Coast Guard report says Flaws in Transocean Ltd.’s … Continue reading
The U.S. Coast Guard is posting the top 11 rescue/mission videos of 2010. Starting today they will be posting one video per day. There are three ways to vote for your favorite video. Either “like” the video on the Coast Guard Youtube … Continue reading
Update: The three masted schooner Raw Faith is reported to now have sunk after the crew of two was rescued by the Coast Guard. __________ Two men were rescued by the Coast Guard from Raw Faith, a home-built 118′ three … Continue reading
New York’s Fleet Week 2010 is underway. “This is the Super Bowl of Fleet Weeks,” said Michael Salerno, the Navy’s director of Fleet Week, a reference to the many Fleet Weeks that take part around the country, the first of … Continue reading