Featured BooksHell Around the Horn
by Rick Spilman
A special message to the readers of Hell Around the Horn - Click hereThe Frigate Surprise: The Complete Story of the Ship Made Famous in the Novels of Patrick O'Brian by by Geoff Hunt and Brian Lavery
- Rick Spilman on The Vikings, the Rus’ & Kiev — the Entangled History of Russia and Ukraine
- Andrew Reinbach on The Vikings, the Rus’ & Kiev — the Entangled History of Russia and Ukraine
- baja on All is Lost, Robert Redford as Solo Sailor – a Review
- dennis oboyle on Historic Schooner Nina and Crew of Seven Missing Off New Zealand
- Chet Robbins on Vows: Can a Captain Marry Us?
- Phil on Update: Ukrainian Flagship Hetman Sahaidachny Sighted Off Crete, Defection Reports Denied
- phil on Vows: Can a Captain Marry Us?
- Louis Cohen on Vows: Can a Captain Marry Us?
- Robert on USS Freedom, Continued Break Downs in Singapore, Troubled LCS Program Facing Cuts
- shopping on A Barge Calls in Brooklyn (& Manhattan) – Shopping at the Vermont Sail Freight Project
- Anthony on PT 658 – The Last Running PT Boat
- Jan Christensen on M5 and the Modern Clipper Ships of the Super-Rich
- Phil on Two Officers Die, Seven Sailors Injured in Fire on Indian Submarine Sindhuratna
- DAVID RYE on Two Officers Die, Seven Sailors Injured in Fire on Indian Submarine Sindhuratna
- Curt from Maine on About the Blog
Proudly powered by WordPress. Weaver by WeaverTheme.com
TagsA.J. Meerwald aircraft carrier Alaska America's Cup Antarctica Australia Brad Van Liew California Canada China City of Adelaide container ship Costa Concordia Cutty Sark fire Giglio Gulf of Mexico HMS Bounty HMS Victory hudson river India Japan Joan Druett Laura Dekker Maine Maritime Museum of San Diego mystic seaport new york New York City new york harbor New Zealand pirates PortSide New York Pride of Baltimore II Royal Navy schooner shipwreck somalia Somali pirates South Street Seaport Museum Titanic tsunami US Coast Guard US Navy world war II
Tag Archives: storm surge
Rotterdam, London, St. Petersburg, and Toyko all have storm surge barriers to protect low-lying areas from flooding. In the United States, Stamford, Connecticut; Providence, Rhode Island; and New Bedford, Massachusetts all have storm barriers. Should New York, which suffered significant flooding two years in a … Continue reading
The area around the South Street Seaport on the East River in lower Manhattan was particularly hard hit by the storm surge from Hurricane Sandy. The rising water reached the first floor eaves, devastating homes and businesses. The only good news was that the seven historic vessels at … Continue reading